Wednesday 25 January 2012

More printshop work

Hello again, I believe more artwork is in order. : D

These are more prints from the workshop. I was trying out some symmetrical printing. I enjoyed this far more than the screen printing. I made these by randomly blobbing oil based ink onto the paper, and then folding them in half, and pressing down. I used my hands to spread the ink outward. The pale lines you can see were made with my fingers. I thought it was quite exciting, never quite knowing what you'll end up with. (Click the pictures to see a bigger version).



I love how the colours merge and the texture that they have. There is a great amount of detail if you look closely. I think it kind of looks like something you would find on the sea bed. : )










I cut this one out - looks like a butterfly to me.





I then decided to draw back onto some of the prints. 
My first one was done with a black biro. Don't even ask me what it is, (I'm not even sure myself...). I just sort of traced what I could see already. People say its an elephant man-dog wearing budgie smugglers. I think its hilarious. xD


 These were also draw onto with biro, and coloured with soft pencil crayons. I'm not really sure why I started drawing circles on the rocks, but I think it works really well. It reminds me of algae or limpets.


And if you haven't already guessed... yes... I LOVE COLOUR. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment