Monday 14 May 2012

A VERY BUSY WEEKEND

As part of a module, we had to collaborate with our collegues. I am currently working with my good friend, Patrick. A while ago, we decided to collaorate for an orchestra project. (The project was to become an orchestra for a day. We were allowed to use real and invented instruments, and sound effects, etc, and do it in any format we wanted. At the time, I was making a costume that made sound, so we decided to make a short film. One sunny day, we went down to a local park to start the filming. We pulled together to make a quick costume for Patrick before we left, (as there was only one to begin with.)


Left: Me                         Right: Patrick

We found several nature spots in the park for the film work. There was only the two of us, so we took it in turns to dress up and act, whilst the other filmed. We also had a little narrative going. The characters looked like mythical forest creatures, so we acted out some foraging and some tribal/ritual dancing. We shot the film as if the viewer was following and hiding from the creatures, and cautiously observing from a distance. There was also a chase scene, with the viewer running after the creature.



In the 'forest'



 So, Patrick and I have just spent the last three full days editing the video and making the soundtrack. Patrick was in charge of editing the video, adding special effects, ordering of scenes and so on.
Meanwhile, I was busy playing and recording various instruments and as well as using sound effects from the net. I composed about 5 or 6 soundtracks to fit with the video. I think we both worked really well together, exchanging ideas and knowledge, (and solving a few technical problems along the way.) I really enjoyed working with him and I hope to collaborate again in the future. I feel that working with Patrick has opened up new possibilities for me (especially for my costumes), and I think that working with someone who knows more about film than I do, has really brought my characters to life.  :)

Hopefully, I will be uploading the film we made soon (when its finished), along with the soundtracks, more pictures and maybe even the making of and deleted scenes!   :)   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment